Towing Dispatcher / Towing Cashier / Towing Biller
PRO-TOW 24hr Towing & OnSite Truck Repair, is a growing service organization that is a local family owned and operated business. We have been in business since 1993 and remain a progressive, honest, and ethical organization. We are looking for uniquely talented and motivated teammates to grow their careers in our fast-paced emergency service business. Our compensation plan provides full benefits and wages that average between $35 and 50k per year depending on education, experience, and training. Our benefits include paid personal time, medical, dental, vision, retirement matching, and ongoing training. Your opportunity to advance your wages will correlate to your current skills and certifications and your motivation to improve and increase them.
Our industry and our company is a stable and secure career choice for those willing to invest in learning and growing their skills. There is no day the same in our business, and if you think you have what it takes to be considered as an addition to our team, please contact us directly with any questions or send us your resume as the first step. Please also feel free to drop by either of our locations to see first-hand what we are about. Any of us would be happy to give you a tour of our facility and our equipment. Even if you are happily employed now or currently living out of our area, we encourage you to reach out and share your future intentions because we will be adding new teammates that will fit and have a passion for our trade over the next 6 to 12 months.
What we do:
- -Light, medium and heavy duty towing
- -Emergency recoveries for light duty cars all the way up to major incidents involving semis on the interstate.
- -Mobile Crane Work with our new Century 1150 Rotator
- -Emergency spill containment and cleanup.
- -Load and cargo services. Load shifts, reloads, and load recovery
- -OnSite emergency truck repair
- -InShop auto and heavy truck repair
- -Out of state transport
- -All sorts of non-routine situations that our customer may ask us to assist with
- -High profile jobs are not our every day work, but we certainly appreciate the opportunity when we get them. They also may seem fun in the photo album, but most of the time you finish sore, exhausted, and humbled. Take a look at some of them on our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/PROTOWAuburn/ and https://www.youtube.com/user/motorplex1100
- Unique Skills That Increase Your Chances to be Invited to Join our Team:
- Experience in working in a business involving skilled labor and the trades.
- Emergency call center or specific dispatch experience.
- Keyboarding above 50wpm and/or 10key skills.
- Capabilities in utilizing modern technology, and troubleshooting your own problems without the support of IT.
- Self-directed work ethic that would rather find anything to do as opposed to waiting for a supervisor to tell you what to do.
- Someone that is more interested in doing the most possible in any given day, week, or month, as opposed to doing only what is required.
- A firm ability in dealing with police impound customers and upholding laws and company rules, but at the same time the professional skill of being nice, friendly, and with customer service.
- Sales experience. Dispatching is selling your ability to help someone, and selling the unique skills of your technicians and drivers that you will be dispatching. Many times, it requires the understanding and motivation to successfully deliver the sale.
- High pressure, high demand work periods are part of towing and emergency services. You must be able to prioritize and deliver in extreme demand times, while being able to organize yourself to get done the rest of your assignments when the pressure is off.
- Attitude of a professional. ethics, morality, and living your life 24/7 that is a positive contribution to our workplace and our community is a step in the right direction.
- Some specific job responsibilities:
- Take incoming calls for towing service, police impounds, and accidents.
- Coordinate and dispatch multiple drivers
- Take incoming calls for impound release questions that relate specifically to the laws relating to towing and impoundment
- Perform releases and cashier duties for impounded vehicles with potentially dishonest, demanding, and challenging customers.
- Process impoundment paperwork and maintain compliance with all requirements for the laws of towing and impoundment.
- Administrative and clerical duties.
- Abandoned vehicle auction management.
- Billing and collection of towing services.
- Cash and deposit management.
- Standard work hours will be Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm.
- Occasional backup night dispatching from home.
- Hourly rate of $17 to $25 per hour depending on your education, particular experience relating directly to this position, and specific training applicable to your skills for this position.
- Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off, Retirement Matching, Paid continuing education